Puck

Default Import Sony AX1 4K XAVC S to FCP and Burn to DVD

Import Sony AX1 4K XAVC S to FCP and Burn to DVD

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Import Sony AX1 4K XAVC S to FCP and Burn to DVD

Summary: Follow this guide to know how to convert Sony AX1 4K XAVC S to Prores for editing in FCP 6/7 and burn to DVD on Mac.

Playing with 4K videos is no longer a pie in the sky. It is the Sony FRD AX1, the first 4K Handycam that makes most consumers' dream come true. Upon looking through the introduction of this newest gadget, we cannot help but wow on the tangible cutting-edge technology. It can not only shoot videos at a resolution of 3840 x 2160 in 60p, but also adapts the latest storage standard and Sony's newest format called XAVC S (MPEG4-AVC/H264). To provide a happy post production to the users, a Sony Vegas Pro 12 Edit will be bundled. Have to admit that, the FDR AX1 is the Sony's first all-in-one solution for 4K content production with a price tag less than $5,000.

The FDR-AX1 records 150Mb/s and for 1920x1080 at 60p you'll get 50Mb/s. But the editing workflow on Mac with AX1 4K XAVC S files is not so fluent. You may encounter problems when you want ot import Sony AX1 XAVC S files to Final Cut Pro 6/7 for editing. It takes long time to render, and you can't edit the AVCHD footages smoothly in Final Cut Pro 6/7.
    Final Cut Pro Supported Video Formats

In order to edit Sony AX1 4K XAVC S clips in FCP 6/7 without crashing problem and avoid rendering, you'd better transcode Sony XAVC S footages to FCP native format, say, Apple ProRes Codec. This article will share the way to convert Sony AX1 4K XAVC S footages to Apple ProRes 422 encoded MOV file for FCP 6/7 and burn to DVD on Mac.

Part 1: Convert Sony AX1 4K XAVC S to FCP 6/7

Best Software choice: Pavtube's HD Video Converter for Mac - a top XAVC S Video Converter for Mac.

The Mac XAVC S Video to FCP Converter is an easy to use yet professional Converter on Mac OS X which can not only transcode Sony AX1 4K XAVC S videos to Apple ProRes codec for Mac editing, but also provide simple video editing functions for you. Besides, the program can also convert HD videos from HD camcorders or DVs (like JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Cannon) for editing in Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere etc. Below is how.

Solve problem about editing Sony AX1 4K XAVC S footage in Final Cut Pro 6/7

Step 1. Import Sony AX1 AVCHD videos to the best Mac Sony AX1 Video Converter for FCP 6/7.

Step 2. Click the Format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format.

Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start transcoding Sony AX1 4K XAVC S files to Apple ProRes Codec for Final Cut Pro under Mac OS.

Tips: Before you try to do the conversion, if you are also a FCP X user, please make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.

After a shot conversion, you will be able to get/transfer Sony AX1 XAVC S videos into Final Cut Pro 6 and Final Cut Pro 7 for editing without rendering.

Puck

Convert Sony A7II XAVC S to MOV/AVI/MPEG-2/WMV/DNxHD/AIC on PC/Mac

Hey guys, want to get easy XAVC S video solution for using in Mac/Windows? The article offers you a darn easy Sony A7II XAVC S footage workflow for converting your A7II XAVC S video to MOV, AVI, DNxHD, AIC, MPEG-2, WMV and then edit, play or upload the converted XAVC S videos on Mac or Windows.

Tips: Are you still confused with the XAVC recordings for some HD cameras such as Canon. Panasonic or Sony? Here is a XAVC file solution

Q: Which kind of Sony series camera do you like as the best?

A: Though more and more HD cameras have been released by Sony, I just make Sony A7II as my favorite. With the stable shooting ability and the high definition output footage XAVC S, it is popular among our photograghers.

As a teacher who teaches video production in the studying courses, I'm trying to use my Sony A7II camera to shoot some recordings of my students and pick them out to show in the Students' Film Festival', I need to edit the output videos on my Mac, I installed FCP X there. However, it seemed that XAVC files are not so compatible this program, right?

While enjoying the stunning videos recorded of HD image quality, many users are having problems when trying to edit Alpha a7II footage in some popular editing tools like FCP, iMovie, Premiere, etc. What we need here is a Pavtube XAVC S Video Converter for Mac / Windows! Easy operations to do with Sony a7II XAVC S files and make them accepted by common editing programs and media players with a high quality preserved.

More, the Pavtube Mac XAVC S Video Converter software is also able to convert AVCHD, H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, MP4, MOV, XACAM, XDCAM EX, MXF, P2 MXF, M2TS, TS, Tivo, AVI, FLV, F4V, M4V, WebM, etc. footage to other intermediate formats for using freely.
    Top 3 Best XAVC/XAVC S Video Converter for Mac Review