Import Sony PXW-FS74K XAVC to ProRes FCP

Puck

Default Import Sony PXW-FS74K XAVC to ProRes FCP

Edit Sony PXW-FS7 4K/HD XAVC in Final Cut Pro

Summary:Having issues when import and edit Sony PXW-FS7 4K XAVC footage in Final Cut Pro 6/7/X? Looking for some tips regarding Sony PXW-FS7 4K XAVC workflow in FCP? You are in the right place. In this page, I will share an efficient way to edit Sony FS7 XAVC files in FCP.

The newly released SonyPXW-FS7 has won lots of attractions from videographers in that it delivers long-form recording capabilities with 4K resolution in a compact, hand-held design. Videographers must be excited once they get to know that Sony PXW-FS7 can record videos into 4K. And they are eager to edit 4K videos in FCP to get some superb masterpiece to spread the world. However, it is a pity that FCP hardly supports 4K raw Sony PXW-FS7 XAVC files.
    Tips: FCP supported video formats

I'm searching for a solid answer for the Sony FS7 to FCP issues. When I opened FCPon Mac, the footage from my Sony PXW-FS7 cannot be recognized. I had searched the method and tried the Log and Transfer, but still failed. An alternative way I found to get Sony FS7 XAVC to FCP flawlessly is to convert XAVC to ProRes. I've tried the workaround. Yes, it works.

Generally, we can use Log and Transfer or Log and Capture to import videos to FCP for editing. But the new XAVC codec is not supported well by Final Cut Pro. Since, Apple ProRes is the most compatible codec for FCP, so if we want to edit Sony FS7 XAVC in FCP, it is necessary to convert those already shot XAVC files to ProRes .mov using third-party software. Here, you can depend on Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. With this best 4K XAVC converter, besides FCP, it can also export DNxHD for Avid MC, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro, AIC for iMovieand more NLEsfor native editing.

Tutorial on converting Sony PXW-FS7 4K XAVC to FCP:

Step 1:Launch the 4K XAVC to ProRes Converter on your Mac, and then click the "Add video" button to import your 4K XAVC files from Sony PXW-FS7 directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click "Add from folder" button.

Step 2: Click the "Format" bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get "Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes codec", including ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want. Here, we suggest you to choose Apple ProRes 422 .mov as the best output format.

Step 3:Press the "Settings" icon and you'd better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 for editing Sony FS7 XAVC in FCP easily.

Step 4:Now, click "Convert" and let it go. The XAVC to FCP Converter for Mac supports batch conversion. So if you have lots of XAVC videos to convert, check "Shut down computer after conversion" and you can go away without keeping an eye on it.

Conclusion:Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click "Open" to get the output videos. Create a project and start Sony PXW-FS7 editing 4K XAVC files in Final Cut Prowith light speed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Import Sony PMW-RX50 XAVC/MPEG to Avid Media Composer 6.5/6/5

From the following guide, would you like to join us to find some effiective ways of importing Sony PMW-RX50 XAVC/MPEG to Avid Media Composer 6.5/6/5.

Do you know any super professional recorder that can handle all the recording job well: Surely, Sony PMW-RX50 is a perfect one which is a powerful and convenient device for use, many professional users have bought this recording devices for professional usage. With Sony PMW-RX50 recorder, you can record high quality videos, include XAVC Long GOP. So blow we are going to talk on the topic on how to import PMW-RX50 XAVC/MPEG to Avid Media Composer 6.5/6/5 for a further editing.

For a second step, many video editing programs and playable devices will not accept Sony PMW-RX50 recorded files, because videos recorded by Sony PMW-RX50 are in XAVC or MPEG codec/format, they can't handle the XAVC and MPEG files, for example you can't import Sony PMW-RX50 to FCP X for editing natively, on HD video forums, there are a lot of users have complained about these video compatibility problems. If you would like to get a professional converting tool to do you a favor, I can suggest one for you here. Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, which has the easy operation and concise interface.

Shall I offer some useful conversion tips for you: You will find it is so easy to work with this program. Download it form the official website and according to its instructions, install it in a nice way. From your computer, 'Add video' and 'Add from folder can smoothly load your files in. For each version of Avid, you can go to the 'Avid Media Composer'>>'DNxHD MOV' for the general one.

Only for a simple editing: Why not go back to the main interface to take around the 'Editor' item: To decide the length by 'Trim': Get rid of the edges unwanted by 'Crop': Add some subtitles with 'Subtitles' icon: Enjoy yourself here!

Good news! To celebrate the 2014 Thanksgiving Day, Pavtube studio has held the big promotion there, don't you want take a close look: 50% off discount you can enjoy if you share the promotion link on Facebook. Come on!

keyword: Sony PMW-RX50, XAVC/MPEG to Avid, pavtube sony Camera converter,HD Video Converter Mac