Nook color root - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nook color root

Tiny Tim

Default Re: Nook color root

yes welcome Yep! haha and congrats on the root! it took some time for me but I am glad the instructions that are out now are alot easier to read!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

mupi

Quote Originally Posted by Baka no Kami
    OK. Rooted. Took a little bit of work and hair pulling, and I still have try installing an app or two to really test it, but it seems to be done.
    using XP I seem to get everything -it asks for the drivers and i can get them loaded but the adb doesn't see any devices, and the nook appears to be exactly as it was - ie same books, etc.

any ideas?

tanks

mup

Yep

Mup,
    Please make sure you have the "Android Composite ADB Device" in the Device Manager.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

aussie

Hi all.
    Tried to root using http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting but couldn't load the image file on the SD card using winimage on a windows vista machine.

Tiny Tim

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Hi all.
    Tried to root using http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting but couldn't load the image file on the SD card using winimage on a windows vista machine.
    Make sure you're running Winimage as Administrator...

Mr. Darcy

Aussie, winimage would not work for me but you can try acronis true image, it work for me.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by mupi
    using XP I seem to get everything -it asks for the drivers and i can get them loaded but the adb doesn't see any devices, and the nook appears to be exactly as it was - ie same books, etc.

any ideas?

tanks

mup
    Did windows pick the driver to install or did You? When windows asks to install a driver you have to force it to use the file the ou edited when following the instructions. If you have plugged the nook into that computer before yu started the rooting process then you also have to unistall the nook from the device manager before it'll realize your nook is different.

Tiny Tim

I am so tempted to try this but I'm kinda of chickening out. Angry Birds alone is a great enough reason for me to root it but as someone else mentioned before I want to wait and see what this Mythic App store has to offer once it's up and running. I've been watching youtube videos of people playing Angry Birds and running Launcher Pro as well as using Dolphin and it looks amazing and runs smoothly. I'm wondering what will happen once the update to Android 2.2 is available, will it block or erase or prevent the rooting process?
    People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don't deserve them, or that they'll be unable to achieve them.
    -The Alchemist

Warder52

I rooted my nook color last night and I'm loving it. I've been playing Angry Birds and air control almost nonstop since. I also installed the Dolphin browser, but I don't like the way it acts in landscape mode. I can't get the sidebar containing all of my bookmarks to close and it makes browsing really weird. I don't like to browse in portrait mode either.

d'Artagnan

This might be an option, rooted nook color (receipt included): > LINK EBAY <
    peace out...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast