Finally took the plunge and rooted last night. - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Finally took the plunge and rooted last night.

Quote Originally Posted by love2read
    So as long I don't buy directly from the device, I can still buy from my computer so the book is in my account. Then from my BN account I can send the book to my NC?
    You can probably still buy from the device. We have communication issues in my family so I tend to be try and be very specific.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

My Nook is rooted! I'm not sure what I think yet. It still doesn't seem to be working quite right. I downloaded 2 apps and although they seem to work, the apps aren't showing up on my extras screen. Now I need to figure out how to get Angry Birds on there.

Quote Originally Posted by love2read
    My Nook is rooted! I'm not sure what I think yet. It still doesn't seem to be working quite right. I downloaded 2 apps and although they seem to work, the apps aren't showing up on my extras screen. Now I need to figure out how to get Angry Birds on there.
    So far I have had to restart the nook to get the apps to show up in the extras menu. There has to be a better way, but I haven't found it yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by Becky
    So far I have had to restart the nook to get the apps to show up in the extras menu. There has to be a better way, but I haven't found it yet.
    Thanks for the tip! I restarted my Nook and now the Apps are there. I am happy that I can play the games offline. I only have a few right now but am playing Angry Birds for the first time. I can easily see how people get addicted to that one so fast

Are there any other tips or things I should add to my Nook?

stangcbr

I rooted mine and got it to work, however:

* My volume buttons don't seem to be working correctly all the time. I don't know if there was problem before I rooted since it did it as soon as I got it. They will sometimes go in the opposite direction or not get off mute. Also, while muted, the sound will sometimes play and vice versa. Deciding if I should reset and take back due to a hardware problem.
    * Youtube app doesn't work.

Anyone have similar problems?

Overall, rooting the NC is definetly worthwhile! The apps are great!

stangcbr

Regarding my last reply, I got youtube app to work. Had to download Titanium Backup App. Then open that and go to the "backup/restore" tab. Click on the "youtube" app and click "wipe" button. This fixed it! Hope this helps.

fam

Keep in mind if you do root do not add your youtube account to the youtube app as right now that is what is causing the youtupe app to not work and you will have to go in clear the youtupe data to get it back.

d'Artagnan

I added my Youtube account to the device when I had to register to get the market. It did not work again until I went into Titanium and wiped the data from the Youtube app.

It's working fine now, but I'm not a huge Youtube watcher.

Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

azb

Ok, I decided to take the plunge, you guys seem to be having way too much fun.

But I'm having a problem, and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. If any of you guys have any ideas, I'd be forever grateful!

I downloaded nooter 2.12.25. (My Nook Color is 1.0.1)

I used WinImage to write the disk image on a sd card on my computer. The 4 files on the sd card are exactly the same as shown in the directions.

I shut down the Nook by holding the power button down and selecting the power off button.

I installed the sd card in the Nook, and attached the cable.

The Nook powers up, but boots to the B&N screen. My computer will not recognize the Nook until I slide the wake up bar across, and then it goes into USB mode.

Funny thing is, once in USB mode, the Nook Color shows up on my computer as g:nooter2.

I've tried it a dozen times, but it does the same thing. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Anyone?

Az

Oliver

Was the cable unplugged when you inserted the card?

David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast