Rooting complete!

Mr. Darcy

Default Rooting complete!

I rooted my NC last night using the Auto-Nooter method... Overall, I found it to be a pretty easy process, but some steps were left out - you had to figure out the steps between the steps they gave you.

I'm pretty happy with the results. I love being able to have an app to look at my Gmail, and the games are pretty fun. I'm not sure if I'll keep the root on there, since I'm just going to have to re-root it everytime that BN rolls out an update and I'm not THAT in love with the Android Market.

I don't know how much use I'll get out of the rooted features but, for now, there's certainly enough to keep me entertained.
    Currently reading... The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (Nook Color).

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Default Re: Rooting complete!

me to / working great!!
    MikFinkel

it is soo easy to root with auto nooter, except you gotta re-sign up into gmail and such

they should have a option to turn off auto update
    that would be a great addition
    My Lenovo Install in my Ford Focus dash...
    My Video

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Yea! Now that I'm rooted I don't think I want B&N to have the option of unrooting me via their update. It would be a nice feature.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Oliver

I rooted my Nook Color through it's internal memory, instead of the SD card. At least with 3.0, to download most apps on the Market, you have to take out the SD card for it to not give you the "installation unsuccessful" error. What do you guys do since your OS is on your SD card? Would it make using the market impossible?

Anywho, glad to see others here loving the rooted Nooks as well. I used to have 2.2 on my Evo 4G, and 3.0 is a huge improvement. It's the perfect look and layout for a tablet, and the tablet itself is the perfect size for the uses and applications I need it for. The only issue besides a couple apps that don't work right, and the before mentioned Market issues, was the fact that Youtube videos weren't playing after the second day of use. I downloaded the Skyfire browser which has Flash installed in it, and that seemed to fix my issues pretty quickly.

Are you guys running into similar problems? Any other issues I should know about?

d'Artagnan

I also rooted thru an sd card. I first removed my original card, used a second sd card with the root on it then removed that one and put back my original sd card.
    For downloads, Dolphin has a choice for downloading to the sd card which I enabled.
    Thanks for the Skyfire tip, am going to try that soon!
    MikFinkel

Oliver

The only problem you'll encounter with Skyfire on 3.0 is for some reason it's REALLY hard to select anything in the toolbar, like the url, home button , etc. It'll disappear when you touch it. It usually takes like 8 times before it realizes what I want to touch. It's annoying, but I work around it. Dolphin HD also gives you the Flash you need, but unfortunately, it has it's own problem. When zooming in and out, or loading a page, it blacks in and out. Personally, I think Skyfire runs better, but that may be up to you. Either way, it's a good temporary fix until those browsers work fully for our NCs.