am i unrooted ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am i unrooted ?

Oliver

Default am i unrooted ?

Went through the process, everything seemed to go without a hitch.
    The instructions I followed said to pry off the back cover, after a few minutes of thinking how in the world is this thing going to pry off, I noticed in the corner there was a little plastic flap, which flips up and reveals the sd slot ,,, So apparently, it has been redesigned.

My question is, how do I know if it was a success, how do I access the new apps ?
    So far, everything looks just the same as it was before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Default Re: am i unrooted ?

Well I redownloaded the root file, reformatted the card, rewrote the img, tried it again and this time is was successful.
    Don't see the angry birds though, and haven't figured out how to dl apps

Oliver

my question now, if anyones out there, is how to get to adroid with the little robot ?
    When it first booted it was there, I started the process but didn't have my gmail account details right.
    Now that I have them, can't find out how to get back there

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Hi Xray and welcome to NOOKBOARDS... Hang tight for a response from your fellow NC lovers.

Donna

Oliver

Hope so.
    All the how tos say "At the Android Welcome Screen tap the robot"
    - Except for seeing it on 1st reboot, the android welcome screen is proving to be pretty elusive.
    I am able to sign into and watch youtube, and still no angry birds.

Oliver

Wow, the silence is deafening.
    Guess theres not many nookers out there.
    Anyways, it gets worse.
    This afternoon I turned it on, and now apparently it is back to square 1, wants to take me through the setup/registration process again, like right out of the box.
    Since its already registered, I don't know if this is considered a brick now.

Obviously, something is very wrong here, and you guys who performed this procedure without a hitch should consider yourselves lucky.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Xray
    Wow, the silence is deafening.
    Guess theres not many nookers out there.
    Anyways, it gets worse.
    This afternoon I turned it on, and now apparently it is back to square 1, wants to take me through the setup/registration process again, like right out of the box.
    Since its already registered, I don't know if this is considered a brick now.

Obviously, something is very wrong here, and you guys who performed this procedure without a hitch should consider yourselves lucky.
    Xray, I went to this thread to ask for somebody to come over here: https://www.nookboards.com/forum/inde...c=4913.new#new

Donna

Oliver

Thanks.
    I guess the simple fact is, there is no where near the underground support base for nooks as for, say, an ipad, which there is probably 1,200 forums for.
    At this point, I guess I'd be happy to just have it back as a reader.
    Haven't tried to re register it yet, doesn't look like I have too many options here.
    Either I somehow messed up, though I followed instructions exactly ,,, Or they have added some anti rooking gizmo to the latest batches.

Mowgli

Sorry it's taken so long for you to get an answer. I don't know the answer to your question but I have no doubt the people over at Mobilereads.com could help you.

Try asking for help here. There are a bunch of people that are really experienced in the rooting and unrooting.:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231

There are also some You tube videos of people explaining how to root and unroot. That may help too. If you want the links for those let me know.

Tiny Tim

Just noticed this thread, and will try to jump in.

Xray, from your first post... "The instructions I followed said to pry off the back cover, after a few minutes of thinking how in the world is this thing going to pry off, I noticed in the corner there was a little plastic flap, which flips up and reveals the sd slot ,,, So apparently, it has been redesigned."

Are you sure you downloaded and installed the NOOKcolor image? "Pry off the back cover" sounds like the instruction for the Nook WiFi or 3G/WiFi. If so, the first thing I'd try is a hard factory reset. Press down the [Power] + [n] buttons until the dialog box appears, then follow the prompts. After that you may have to do 8 failed reboots; press the [Power] button until the NC just starts to boot, and then turn it off; repeat until 8 times has been reached.

If that doesn't work the guys over at xda-developers can help you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast