Rooted using Autonooter. How can I see installed Apps?

Oliver

Default Rooted using Autonooter. How can I see installed Apps?

I'm rooted now and have a couple of questions about the Market.

• When you download an app and it's installed, how do you launch it without going back to the market? I downloaded a task switching program and am using it, but would love to have them on the home screen.
    • Every category of the market (Communications apps, etc.) seems to only display a fraction of the files in the Market. Perhaps a little more than one screen's worth. How can I view ALL files in the Market without searching?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Rooted using Autonooter. How can I see installed Apps?

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to this, but I believe that you will need to download another app that will do this for you. Here is a video that explains how to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/huskerma.../6/CEKdCoR-00U

Like I said, I don't have much experience with this so if anyone has any better ideas please share them!

Tom Sawyer

I hate android's market. The only way I found apps I can use, or want, was by scouring app review sites and asking here for some ideas on what to get.

I was also disturbed by the need to go into the market to launch the apps but they are now all listed under the extras button. I think I might have completely powered off the nook at one point so that might have done the trick.

I don't know if you can put links on the main screen, like an ipad but I wouldn't want to do that as I dig my eboy artwork too much to cover it up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I don't know if there is a better way or not, but in order to get the new apps to show up in my "Extras," menu I restarted the NC. They all show up then.

Oliver

If you have rooted your Nook using Auto-Nooter you should download an app named Zeam. Zeam will create a new "page" on your NC with a Icon based list of all of your installed apps just like the Nook Extras.

You can hold your finger on an icon in this list and it will place a short cut on the Nook home.
    Also as a shortcut to browsing the Android Market on the Nook you can also use the website. https://market.android.com/
    Using this link you would logon using your Google account associated with your nook and if your nook is connected to WiFi any applications you select to install via the website will be automatically pushed to your Nook. If you own any other Android devices you would have a device list right before you click install. You would select "Phone" which is the device shown for most rooted Nooks. Any applications purchased through the marketplace can be used on multiple devices as long as you use the same account.

Take care.

If you follow the video link up above it gives you detailed instructions on how to get Pro Launcher from the market and put your apps on the home page. Simple as can be.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Oliver

Thanks to all of you who answered!

I ended up installing Launcher Pro from the Market. After doing so, all of the icons show up (regular Nook Color + things from the Market)....and, as a "bonus", they all started showing up in Extras, too!

Neat trick about turning the device off and then on again. Good to know.

I'll also check out Zeam. Sounds like a neat app.

Mr. Darcy

Just reboot and installed apps show up in extras with the rest of your programs. No need to install a launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by bobzdar
    Just reboot and installed apps show up in extras with the rest of your programs. No need to install a launcher.
    You're right and I have suggested such in another thread about this but using Launcher Pro allows you to customize your home page and bypass the nooks sliding bookshelf. It looks more like a mini-computer desktop. Kind of like the Ipad and I prefer it over the stock look.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE