Dear god help me move files from the NC to the PC.

Oliver

Default Dear god help me move files from the NC to the PC.

Question: I've got a nook color and I'd like to remove a book I've purchased so that I can read it on my computer, because sometimes you just want a bigger screen. I thought it would be a simple as going into the nook through the explorer and drag/dropping what I presume would be an .epub file. No matter how much I dug I could not find the book. I thought to download adobe edition and see if it would magically appear on there...no go. I downloaded Calibre and though it might have more luck that Adobe Editions. Wrong again. I can eject and unplug the nook and sure enough the book is sitting right there on the nook's 'desktop'. I can open it, even read it. It's most assuredly somewhere buried on this device. But I cannot for the life of me find out where and copy or move it to my pc. I've tried googling every form of query I can think of and all I find is poorly worded advice on B&N.com for the completely inept or how-to's for moving files from the pc to the nook, not in reverse.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Dear god help me move files from the NC to the PC.

Hi 5th: Can you first tell us where did you get this eBook from: B&N or a library or another etailer (and which one)?

Donna

Oliver

Got it through the Barnes and noble store, downloaded directly to the device.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Hi... ADE is not needed for B&N eBooks. Calibre is generally used for non-DRM'd eBooks.

Have you looked at the Nook app for PC? http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-for-pc/379002322/

Donna

Oliver

I have the app installed and I respectfully agree that the app serves as answer to the problem. (Here it comes However. I do not enjoy nor completely condone the level of chokehold that B&N is keeping on these files. And that's my opinion and I'm not shoving it down anyone's throat, don't get me wrong. What I'd like to do is simply copy the file from my nook to the desktop and open it on a lightweigh client like a pdf reader or even adobe digital edition, not some program riddled with distracting user interface that I really hate about the nook app. Any ideas?

Because the books have a B&N DRM the only choices you have are reading it on the nook, reading on the B&N desktop app, or stripping the DRM.