N2 Android Card

Thread: N2 Android Card

kit
    Tiny Tim

Default N2 Android Card

Has anyone seen this. Talk about easy. This is a dual boot uSD card using CM7. So for those who don't care to go through the process or change the NC OS check this out. Of course this will cost more than making your own uSD card, but I figure my time is worth much.

They use android 2.3 Gingerbread preinstalled on uSD with 8, 16, and 32 gb cards. I've emailed the company and they will support updates. Many folks over at B&N have purchased these. They have also fixed the battery drain issue also. Be sure to check out the facts section of the link.

http://www.nook2android.com/

You can read a little more about what their saying over at B&N.
    http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...k/td-p/1104022

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

kit
    Tiny Tim

Default Re: N2 Android Card

I just installed this card a week ago and it works beautifully. It came preloaded with all of the functional apps to get started. The nook app synced all of B&N books so I can read on the android side. It also came with Aldiko and Amazon Kindle apps. Dropbox also was loaded and what a neat little app this is. Put this on my pc also so now I can transfer pics, documents or whatever without sideloading. Just put your stuff in DB and then open DB on your nook and there it is. Transferred my digital edition ebooks this way and it opens in whatever reading app you want.

Downloaded the Overdrive Media Console app and now can get books directly from the library to the nook. No sideloading anymore.

Full access to android market. I just can't say enough about this little card.

d'Artagnan

Hi katrina, thanks for the quick review of n2a.
    I did go through the process of doing CM7 myself (I guess everyone has their idea of fun )
    This n2a looks like a very good solution to quickly enjoy the benefits of full android (price is reasonable).
    I agree, CM7 is quite amazing. I love my bluetooth keyboard case (modified galaxy tab case) + bluetooth mouse with the nook color.
    Hey, thanks for the tip about the overdrive media console app! I'm so grabbing that tonight!
    peace out...

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

kit
    Tiny Tim

@knick knack I have been reading about rooting the NC for a awhile now and the CM7 dual boot was my interest, but I know it would have taken too much time for me to do this so the n2a card was definitely a quick reliable solution.

Oliver

What size card did you get? I would like to keep several food magazine subscriptions, I'm hoping I can store them on the card but didn't know if that would be possible and with the pictures, how large a card is recommended.

Mr. Darcy

Hey lhanson, I ended up getting the 8g card. I have about 5g left for storage so that kind of gives you an idea of how much storage space you can expect with that card at least.

d'Artagnan

I got the 8G card as well - I don't plan to be putting a lot of videos/movies or music on it, mostly books & apps, so figured that should be plenty for my needs.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Oliver

I made my own card following the XDA forums and You Tube. It works beautifully but a majority of my apps force close. Are any of you with the N2A cards having any issues? I might break down and get one but I would like to tweak this to work since I do have it working. The apps that work well and wonderful. I just wonder about upgrading in the future and what is CWR and do I need it. Any guidance would be appreciated!