finally rooted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally rooted!

Default finally rooted!

I don't know how I used it before!! Its so freaking awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Default Re: finally rooted!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    I don't know how I used it before!! Its so freaking awesome!
    but with great power comes great responsibility...
    naw, have fun with it, moo ha ha!
    peace out...

Mike, I didn't even manual nooter it...I went all balls to the wall and put CM7 on it. It wasn't painless, but its exactly where I need it to be now and I LOVE IT!
    thank you so much for all your help!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

woh, that is hard core! It's funny, I've been running CM7 off a SD card and just never feel the need to go back to nooter mode. hmm... maybe it's time for me to follow your example.
    Are you overclocking? I really enjoy running at 1.2Ghz, everything is so smooth. Most of the time I'm reading so it drops way down to 300Mhz really saving battery.
    I'm out of control using the overdrive media app now, downloading library books directly to the nook (cool).
    should we be having this much fun?
    peace out...

I tried using the SD card method, but I did something wrong, so I completely reformatted the NC and just instaled CM7 on it. I was frustrated the first few days, because it's Android and I'm an Apple person. Things weren't where I expected them to be. But I've figured it all out and downloaded a very nice reader for my sideloaded books.

One issue is that I can't download my B&N books through my Nook app. The download always fails. It's not a big deal, because I rarely purchase books through B&N anymore. In fact, my latest huge book purchase was all hardbacks or box sets, and they were on sale, so a hardback was cheaper than a nookbook...but I digress. I suppose I could just download my library and sideload them through ADE or Calibre. That lost functionality isn't the end of the world, but it sure would be easier if it worked.

d'Artagnan

oh my, that reminds me how many hours I wasted trying to do the SD CM7 method before discovering my problem... The mSD card I was using simply was not compatible. It worked great with my PC, but absolutely refused to work with CM7 and my nook (crashes, strange errors, etc). They recommended using a slow Sandisk card so I pulled an old 4gb Sandisk I never use out of the drawer, gave it a try and it worked the first time, grrrr!!! At that point I was just happy it worked. I've never had a problem with it since then (even updating CM7 dailys every so often).
    That is troubling about not being able to download B&N books through the nook app.
    I never had any trouble, buying, updating, ebooks from B&N (other than it being slow to update sometimes). Are you able to use the Overdrive media app to download library books directly to your nook? Do you update with the latest CM7 (daily releases)? It should work though especially if your using CM7 stable version. Maybe your router is butting heads with your nook? I'll hit xda forums and see if I can find anything about that.
    <off topic>
    You mentioned your a mac person, I just picked myself up a macbook (late 2009 unibody) and absolutely love it, happy fun fun.
    </off topic>
    peace out...

Tom Sawyer

Rooting for the rooted! Yup, that is the way to go. A whole world of possibilities now lays before you.
    Author of 'It Waits' (free), 'Dragons Fire and the Brave Little Prince' (.99), 'Rashnar' (free), 'Krae' (.99)
    http://robertyelverton.info
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RMY
    http://www.feedbooks.com/user/127425/profile

d'Artagnan

Jenn, concerning your ebook downloading problem with your CM7 nook...

Have you tried other wifi networks for download? This would eliminate your home network as a cause.
    Have you changed your /system/build.prop file at all to get netflix working? If so, return to original settings, reboot, and test B&N download.

If it still doesn't download, let me know. Someone had a problem with the nook reader app settings, setting location for downloads to automatic caused them trouble.
    peace out...

I haven't done much with it, besides downloading a few apps from Marketplace. I still use it primarily for reading, but I wanted to root for increased functionality and speed. Browsing on a non-rooted NC was painful and clunky. I don't have the Netflix app. No need for it really. I may get it eventually, but at this point, I'm never anywhere that I would use that.
    I havent borrowed from the library in a LOOOOONG time, so I dunno!

Don't you just love the unibody Macbook? I've had mine for nearly 3 years now and it still runs like new.

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    ... Don't you just love the unibody Macbook? I've had mine for nearly 3 years now and it still runs like new.
    absolutely! I'm still deciding whether I need VM Fusion or Parallels virtualization software (to run Windows 7). I've just not needed it yet.
    peace out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast