Welcome to the YA Book Club! (introductions) - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default Re: Welcome to the YA Book Club! (introductions)

Hi i am 39 years old my name is Kimberly and i live in southeast florida i am not married however am very hopeful and always on the lookout for a man of my own i got the nook 3g for my birthday on may 8 from my sister my mom passed away in 2001 and my dad lives in my homestate of vermont i love to read all kinds of things but especially romance and ya any flavor of them in any form since getting the nook i have decided that dtb's just arent my thing too heavy and thats all folks

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

My name is Jessica, and I'm married with a 2 year old and a 4 month old and a Siberian Husky. I work full time as a security guard for a hospital. I read anything and everything that happens to look interesting and my Nook is one of my favorite purchases.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by boringscreenname
    My name is Jessica, and I'm married with a 2 year old and a 4 month old and a Siberian Husky. I work full time as a security guard for a hospital. I read anything and everything that happens to look interesting and my Nook is one of my favorite purchases.
    I didn't mention my pets in my post, I have 2 females. A 4yr. old Chocolate lab and a 5 month old Rottweiler
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by boringscreenname
    We have the same name and the same kind of dog! My husky (Rory) is the best behaved out of my 3 - the other two are very needy Golden Retrievers. I also suspect that if she could talk, she would do so in a British accent...but that's another story.
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Puck

Oh, I have always wanted a Husky. They are such gorgeous dogs. However I have always lived in a pretty warm Climate (NorthWest Florida) and always started to feel guilty for wanted to put such a cold-weather dog in such a hot climate. Oh, well. Maybe one day..

Puck

Hey, no one has posted here in nine days??? Well, here you go.

My name is Manley Peterson, and I've published a comical young adult book called Bloated Goat.

I have children who love to read, so I'm always surrounded with children and young adult books on the floor, tables, and beds. Note to others: don't sleep on Harry Potter books, as they are bad for your back.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Manley Peterson
    Hey, no one has posted here in nine days??? Well, here you go.

My name is Manley Peterson, and I've published a comical young adult book called Bloated Goat.

I have children who love to read, so I'm always surrounded with children and young adult books on the floor, tables, and beds. Note to others: don't sleep on Harry Potter books, as they are bad for your back.
    Yea I'm not really sure what the status is of the YA Book Club currently. It seems the person initiating it has vanished for the time being. With the Holidays and all it might end up working out better for everyone in the end anyway. (I know it will for me, that way I can actually participate from the beginning.)

Same here. January is definitely better for me.

Puck

I'm really looking forward to this book, hopefully we can get the book club going in January!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Puck

I hope so too! Do you think maybe if a few days in January have gone by and there has been no word of ktyler, we should just continue on? She did most of the grunt work to get this established, so I figured she would be the one heading it up as well. But I'd hate to see the YA Book Club fall by the wayside. I sent her a PM about possibly heading it up every few months if she could give me a crash course. I wouldn't mind stepping up for January, my only hesitation is I have never even been involved in a Book Club, let alone ran one.

What do you guys think? Should we make this happen if there has been no sign of ktyler? If so, any volunteers to take on the inaugural YA book that may have a better idea of what they are doing than I would.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast