Welcome to the YA Book Club! (introductions) - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Welcome to the YA Book Club! (introductions)

I really hope we can get started in January. I think we should go on ahead with the book club, even if we don't hear from KTyler.

I've never been involved with a book club either, but I wouldn't mind helping out by co-hosting, or hosting once every few months, or just with whatever is needed, we can always learn and just figure it out as we go along.

I know that I certainly don't expect perfection from a book club, I'm just happy to have a place to read books with people who enjoy the same topics I do, and discuss them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by boringscreenname
    I'm just happy to have a place to read books with people who enjoy the same topics I do, and discuss them.
    That is the key... I think that you and ItsMe can do it - One other thing to remember to do is to set the schedule.

Donna

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by boringscreenname
    I really hope we can get started in January. I think we should go on ahead with the book club, even if we don't hear from KTyler.
    I agree! I'm willing to help co-host occasionally, as well. I was in a book club a couple of years ago where we met at one another's homes every couple of months. I really enjoyed it and discovered a lot of books I wouldn't have normally read. I hope that ktyler will join back up, but in the event that she isn't able to, I think we should set a date and go for it!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Thanks for the encouragement Donna! =)

Since conversation seems to be moving past the introduction stage, I created a new thread in the YA section for input and opinions on a reading schedule to try and get the ball rolling.

Feel free to weigh-in. =)
    https://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?topic=5542.0

Thing 2

*waves*

I'm Amber i did the WaC book club for a bit
    i currently am unemployed but am working on that i will not be joining in the first book club sadly short notice and the lack of the book! haha
    however i hope to see some friendly faces and sharing in hre

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Puck

:wave2:
    Hi Amber!
    Sorry about the short notice on this Club. I know my local library had a copy of FOHAT (hehe, that's a funny acronym). Do you have a library nearby that might have a copy? We'd would love to have your input at anytime throughout if you manage to snag a copy.

Good luck on finding a job!
    -Crystal

Thing 2

i really wish i did but theirs are residents only while i'm back in huntsville i'm going tosee if the library there does anything because i'm still technically a resident of alabama

of course i've also lived at the same address for the last 6yrs according to alabama lmao

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Puck

Are you renting somewhere temporarily? My Hubby and I recently moved to TN from FL. We haven't bothered with getting new licenses, but we brought in a copy of our TN lease and power bill with our names on it to compare to the names on our FL id's and they gave us cards no problem. Not sure what your situation, but maybe something similar could be arranged.

Getting all that kind of stuff changed for every move is such a hassle...hrmph.

Anyway, it'd be pretty sweet if something was to work out for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Puck

Ragdoll I sent you a PM.
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Mr. Darcy

Hi everyone. I'm 21 going on 50 since I had to take on responsibilities like crazy at a young age. Books and Anime at the time was my escape from everything so I'm your Sheekerd(Geek/Sheek + a lil Nerd). lol

I like to share reading with others and right now thinking about giving my1st Gen Nook away. I have someone in mind who will love it. ok well thats it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast