Welcome to the YA Book Club! (introductions)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default Welcome to the YA Book Club! (introductions)

Welcome to the Teen Book Club forum!

I would love to launch a book club ASAP with the title we voted on over in the book club forum, In the Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.

To get started, I thought we could all introduce ourselves and talk a little about our interests.

My name is Kelly. I'm a YA librarian, so I work with teens and books all the time! I love reading teen literature in all genres. I particularly like dystopian literature.

I would love to find 1-2 other people to help lead this book club so we can alternate leadership every other or every third month, so PM me!

Look forward to meeting you guys and hopefully getting started with what will be a fun book club!
    Currently reading:
    Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley
    Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
    The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Welcome to the YA Book Club! (introductions)

HELLO!
    I am Tiffany, 27yr. old mother of 2 kiddos and wife of one amazing dude! I read a LOT of paranormal romances weather it be more for adults or YA. I enjoy both I love the book "The Forest of Hands And Teeth" and have it on my Nook already so, what's the agenda? how do we do this book club thing?
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Puck

Cool! I love the idea of having a Club for YA. Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate in Decembers book and discussion. My Hubby will not give me my Nook until Christmas. But I am definitely looking forward to getting involved for the month of January!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

When will the December book club officially start? I've heard great things about this book, can't wait to read it!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Hi, I'm Jenn, 30-yr-old mom of one troublesome cat and 2 annoying but lovebug birds! I love paranormal books as well, esp when they have a hint of romance in them (and sometimes a lot too). I'm currently reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, but I can put those aside for a bit to participate.
    You guys should also check out Mel's Starfire Angels book club! It definitely qualifies as YA and the series is a great read. We just started book 2.

my name is also Jennifer and I have no children but the children that come to my husband and my Comic book/gaming store. I've even helped one kid learn how to read better...you can call me Vamp because I know there's lots of Jen's here.

either way is fine with me.

um...that's all I can think of.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Puck

I guess I didn't really do much in the way of introducing myself, so let me try this again...

My name is Jessica, I'm 32 and the proud mom of a crazy 5-year old boy (and three even crazier dogs!). In a little over 3 weeks, I'm marrying an awesome guy (so awesome that he "helped" my son buy me a Nook for Mother's Day!). My favorite genre is mystery/suspense/thriller, but I will read pretty much anything. Looking forward to starting this book!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    You guys should also check out Mel's Starfire Angels book club! It definitely qualifies as YA and the series is a great read. We just started book 2.
    I browsed through their conversations the other day. The book definitely looks like something I would enjoy reading. Unfortunately, by the time I get my Nook and get caught up on Books, you guys will probably be done. =( But I will definitely be supporting the author and buying her books to read on my own time in the future!

Blueskyze24 - I'm with ya, I kind of blew past the whole "Intro part". oops, sorry about that guys. Congrats on the upcoming marriage! My hubby and I are about to celebrate our 2nd anniversary next month.

My name is Crystal. I'm 22 (young'un, i know). I have a little 10 y/o Papillon and an ancient 17 y/o cat. Alex (my dear hubby) inherited both of these animals and thankfully, has taken a liking to them both. We have no kids and have quite the opposite taste in hobbies. He'd hike Everest if he could, I'd be perfectly fine looking at pictures of Everest while curled up in a nice warm house with a book. =) But we do enjoy a compromise and hike the small mountains nearby.

VampireSin - That's awesome that you took the time to help a kid read better! I remember helping my cousin, who is suffers from mild dyslexia, learn to read. (Unfortunately, his Mom wasn't the kind to take that kind of time with him, but that's another topic for another time and place). I was shocked at how much of a rewarding experience it was for me. But I get sentimental about some weird things that others think is strange. Ah well. C'est la vie. It's nice to meet you guys and I look forward to when I can participate! =)

Puck

ItsMe
    I am with you on the being young part, we got married when I was 19 we had only known one another for 4 months and lived together for 2 of those. lol. we moved FAST! but it has worked to our advantage, everyone in our families said it would never work between us because we didn't know eachother. which was very untrue and now we are married for over 8years with 2 great kids and we are still crazy in love and we got pregnant exactly two months after being married. lol.

unlike with his mother and sister and my mom who had known their spouses for YEARS and years before marrying them, all 3 of them are now divorced!
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Puck

Yea I definitely believe it depends on the people involved, not the time together. While taking time before marriage can definitely help weed out potential disasters, it's not always an indication of the quality of relationship. (As you most certainly know) Congrats on your marriage and family! I love hearing hearing stories like yours that defy the "norm". For my hubby and I, we took a few years before getting married, but we both had just gotten out of dysfunctional relationships and needed some time to "recover" I guess you could say. We met when I was 18, he was 21. Married when I was 21, he was 23 (about to turn 24). Of course my parents claimed the "you're too young" line, but they didn't have much ground to stand on as they were the same ages and we were when they got married, and they are still together after 23 years. =)
    I am excited to start a family, but that is another thing we are waiting for. We both want him to complete school before we bring kids in the mix. I really want the ability to stay home with my kids while they are young, and right now that couldn't happen. All in good time I suppose. Anyways, it's nice to meet you!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast