Forest of Hands and Teeth reading schedule input.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Puck

Default Forest of Hands and Teeth reading schedule input.

Ok guys, in an effort to get this club going in January, I am starting discussion on what kind of reading schedule will be convenient for everyone. I have downloaded a copy of this book from my local Library onto my computer, waiting until January to load it onto my Nook before the countdown starts. So I don't have access to the chapter structure yet. BN says the book is 320 pages though.
    So here is my idea, feel free to weigh-in and make any suggestions or changes.

January has 4 full weeks. What if we break the book into thirds and read/discuss it over the first 3 weeks. We will have the last week "off" to discuss freely and catch up if necessary. We can also use that week to make suggestions and decide on a book for February.

Assuming that all of those 320 pages are content, it breaks down to roughly 107 pgs/wk. No idea how that breaks down into the chapters though.

I know everyone's schedules and reading speeds are different. I really just want us all to read and enjoy a book and discuss it. So please do speak up on what kind of schedule will make the Book Club experience most enjoyable for you.

Annnnd.....GO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Forest of Hands and Teeth reading schedule input.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for organizing, and congrats on only 3 days left in your countdown!! Can't wait to hear what you think of your nook!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Mr. Darcy

The ebook version has 233 pages, and the story ends on page 228, and there are 36 chapters. So if we broke it up into 3rds, that would be 12 chapters a week, or approximately 76 pages a week.

I would be fine with breaking it up into 3rds, then using the 4th week as a free week. I have lots of free time available to read, so it would work well for me. But if others would prefer a longer, more stretched out schedule, I'd be fine with that too. I'm a go with the flow type.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Awesome! Thanks!...The days seem to drag as it gets closer... lol. I can almost promise you will be seeing me gushing in the Nook Knacks form once I get her all decked out. =)

Jessica and boringscreenname - I sent you PM's about hosting.

Thanks for checking on the Chapters. If we go with the 3 week plan, I'm thinking Monday the 3rd might be a good date to start. It hopefully allows everyone time to make travels back home after the Holidays. So if we go with that it would look something like this...

Week 1(3-10): Chapters 1-12
    Week 2(10-17): Chapters 13-24
    Week 3(17-24): Chapters 25-36

How does that look?

Puck

This is all assuming we end up with the 3-week format. We still have plenty of time to plan this out, so anyone who would prefer we spread it over 4 weeks, please let us know. =)

I'm with boringscreenname, I'm a flow-er as well and don't mind setting this up however works best for everyone.

Puck

sounds great to me! thank you for getting this going
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Mr. Darcy

Good Book Pick!!! I was reading about this and they was talking about what book will be the next Harry Potter and Twilight.... this is one of the list. http://www.reelzchannel.com/article/...er-or-twilight

I didnt hear about this book till now so I decided I'm gonna do your book club. I hope a lot of people will join too. I should be getting a B&N gift card so getting shouldn't be a problem since money was all used up on gifts lol.

Puck

harleyquinn104 - I'm glad you will be joining us! I had never heard of this book until I found this board. And this will be my first time reading it. They have put me in touch with some good reads.

How do you feel about the reading schedule proposed up there?

Mr. Darcy

It's good with me on terms of the schedule.

Mr. Darcy

So everything worked out and I will buy the book to do this in January

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast