TFOHAT Week 1 Discussions! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Puck

Default Re: TFOHAT Week 1 Discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe
    I often found myself wondering how they even made the fence to begin with. I mean they had to be exposed to the Unconsecrated quite often while building the barrier and the pathways. I try to envision how they pulled it off...I'm sure alot di--I mean--turned.
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

I often found myself wondering how they even made the fence to begin with. I mean they had to be exposed to the Unconsecrated quite often while building the barrier and the pathways. I try to envision how they pulled it off...I'm sure alot di--I mean--turned.
    Excellent point!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Mr. Darcy

1. What do you think of Mary so far?
    I think she is very selfish. It's about her even though she still has good in her to have some form of control though it seriously slacks.

2. What is your opinion of the Sisterhood. Do you think they are an overall positive or negative presence in the village?
    Cult and Tabitha is a control freak >_<

3. How do you like the supporting roles? (Jed, Travis, Harry, Cass, The Sisters, etc...) Any strong feelings towards/about any of them?
    Feel sorry for Harry for falling in love with a person that don't want him. Mad at Travis for being a wimp and not standing up for what he wants.

4. Any speculations about who Gabrielle was, where she came from, and what/how she became The Fast One?
    Survivor form the outside somehow and the sisterhood did it I just know they did so Tabitha can keep order.

5. What do you think the room Mary stumbled upon in the tunnels is used for? What's the story behind the lists of names carved into the wall by the door frame? The people that came from outside

6. What BIG secret do you think the Sisterhood is keeping, if any?
    That there is a outside world.

I think they started with bricks or something at first like barricades and fought for more space.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I think she is very selfish, naive and overly emotional and indecisive. But she is a teenager and struggling with a lot so I expected that.

2. What is your opinion of the Sisterhood. Do you think they are an overall positive or negative presence in the village?
    I think they started out with good intentions, by trying to protect their village and keep people safe. But now they have become too powerful and oppressive and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep the other villagers living in fear, and to maintain their hold over the village.

3. How do you like the supporting roles? (Jed, Travis, Harry, Cass, The Sisters, etc...) Any strong feelings towards/about any of them?
    Don't really care for any of them except Travis.

4. Any speculations about who Gabrielle was, where she came from, and what/how she became The Fast One?
    From another village, or somewhere in the outside world.

5. What do you think the room Mary stumbled upon in the tunnels is used for? What's the story behind the lists of names carved into the wall by the door frame? people that came from outside

That there is an outside world

Thing 2

she reminds me of her at her age (16? 14?) just lost in the world. wanting more than anything that she actually has

being that in books i never ever trust "organized religious groups" i have a feeling they are just bad news

Travis... and Cass. i just dunno what it is about them.. but there's something

ohhh!! i just wanna say on the first part i called it. and i think the sisters did it to her -_- deceitful mean evil women...

5. What do you think the room Mary stumbled upon in the tunnels is used for? What's the story behind the lists of names carved into the wall by the door frame?
    bad ppl, experiments maybe

experiments and such ways out... maybe the history or a cure to the infection

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Thing 2

Quote Originally Posted by mysnookie
    but then again, we are reading about Zombies, and that's not so plausible either. lol.
    hey lady! look here, i'm a firm believe in the zombie apocalypse!!! >.<

as i read back through (i didnt want influence on my answers) i notice a LOT of you think that mary is selfish and cruel and well, i think she's ambitious and right... lol. it's amazing how you can read a book and have a million different perspectives

as for the book itself so far i have to say i started out and almost put it down.... i didn't like the way it was written

as like frantic thoughts rather than just a book. and then i realized.. your reading from a first person perspective! holy crap i have never done this before!

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX

as i read back through (i didnt want influence on my answers) i notice a LOT of you think that mary is selfish and cruel and well, i think she's ambitious and right... lol. it's amazing how you can read a book and have a million different perspectives

as for the book itself so far i have to say i started out and almost put it down.... i didn't like the way it was written

as like frantic thoughts rather than just a book. and then i realized.. your reading from a first person perspective! holy crap i have never done this before!
    You do have some good points. While I still am not crazy about her and was put off by her indecisiveness in a lot of areas, I do have to give her some credit. It seemed that just about everyone was pretty okay with their village life run by the Sisterhood. It did take some guts and perseverance for her to keep the faith that there was more out there.

I noticed the way it was written as well. When I started it, I kept thinking to myself, hmm, this book is written kind of weird. But I couldn't quite figure out why I felt that way. Then I realized it was bc we're pretty much always in her head. And there really wasn't a lot of person to person dialogue. But it grew on me.

Thing 2

same it really just threw me off

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX

one, I am a firm believer also, my HUSBAND says it is NOT going to happen, hence the LOL at the end. bahah.

as for Mary, if you read the beginning of my answers, I wrote that these were my FIRST impressions from the FIRST time reading the book, since this is my second time around, i didn't want to give anything away by writing what I think NOW. lol.
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by mysnookie
    one, I am a firm believer also, my HUSBAND says it is NOT going to happen, hence the LOL at the end. bahah.

as for Mary, if you read the beginning of my answers, I wrote that these were my FIRST impressions from the FIRST time reading the book, since this is my second time around, i didn't want to give anything away by writing what I think NOW. lol.
    I can't wait until everyone is finished and we can talk about the book as a whole. I'd love to hear what you think of her now. I know my opinion of her definitely changed quite a bit after reading the second book.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast