TFOHAT Week 2 Discussions yo! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thing 2

Default Re: TFOHAT Week 2 Discussions yo!

yes ma'm!!!

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskyze24
    Okay, first of all...the bit with the zombie infant? CREEEEEEPYYYYYYY!!! I could totally picture that whole scene...that image just stuck with me.

And, WHY didn't she investigate further and find the newspaper clippings earlier?! Not going to say anything more about that, since I believe this section ended before that. I'm very curious as to how far in the future this book is supposed to have taken place...
    haha, I totally forgot about the baby! Yea that definitely sounds incredibly creepy. Mary's strange handling of it creeped me out too. I know it might be kind of sad to see a baby turned like that. But I just don't think I could find it in me to coddle it like she did. I think I'd be pushing the crib over to the window and rocking the baby right out. hahah.

I also wondered about the chest contents. I definitely would have been rummaging through them. I also found it kind of strange..her rampage to discover the owner of the dresses. Did she really think she would find her? What did she expect to happen if she did? I definitely would have been curious, but not driven that mad.

I had the same thoughts about how long in the future it took place. I also wondered what exactly The Return was. They never really explained it in much detail. She used it enough in context for me to gather that it was when the Unconsecrated took over or something, but I kind of wanted some clearer explanation about it..

Puck

SORRY! I'm slacking! I've been done with the book for a while, just haven't joined in here!

1. What do you think of the new "villiage"?
    it sounded a lot more advanced than Mary's village. I was surprised that the village People were gone, from hearing about this village, it sounded a lot more put together, so I figured it would have survived.

2. Marys mindset here, it's a bit different than it was at first. What do you think has made her change it up a bit?
    I'm not really sure. but I'm sure FINALLY being FREE could have had something to do with it. when you feel trapped, and then escape, that's quite the feeling.

3. Watching her brother best friend and betrothed laugh and have a grand time must be difficult. How do you feel about this
    I agree, she could have used her time to make it fun for her AND Travis. but no, she felt like moping around! it's nobody's fault but her own that she didn't even TRY to enjoy her time alone with Travis..... which is what she's ALWAYS wanted! I just do not get that girl.

4. COMMUNICATION shocked and a terrible shot to boot 2funny how do you think this would've made things different sooner?
    I totally agree they could have used it to escape earlier.... and maybe the unconsecrated wouldn't have been RIGHT THERE! you see these things in books, and think WHY did they wait so long? WHY didn't they try before? it's so frustrating! GRRR! lol.
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

snookie i feel like that's where books differ from movies
    in a book you can't see the bad guy standing behind that girl as she backs away from her friend

in a movie your screaming at this girl telling her WTH! WHY ARE YOU BACKING UP HE'S RIGHT THERE! HELLOOOOOO!!!

maybe there just wasn't an option to flee? maybe there is stuff there that makes it so much different, i think that is a way for your imagination to wander

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    snookie i feel like that's where books differ from movies
    in a book you can't see the bad guy standing behind that girl as she backs away from her friend

in a movie your screaming at this girl telling her WTH! WHY ARE YOU BACKING UP HE'S RIGHT THERE! HELLOOOOOO!!!

maybe there just wasn't an option to flee? maybe there is stuff there that makes it so much different, i think that is a way for your imagination to wander
    that's one of the many reasons I love books WAY more than Movies! I LOVE this Quote from the Fever Series!

"I love books, by the way, way more than movies. Movies tell you what to think. A good book lets you choose a few thoughts for yourself. Movies show you the pink house. A good book tells you there's a pink house and lets you paint some of the finishing touches, maybe choose the roof style,park your own car out front. My imagination has always topped anything a movie could come up with. Case in point, those darned Harry Potter movies. That was so not what that part-Veela-chick, Fleur Delacour, looked like." I TOTALLY agree with this
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12