TFOHAT Week 2 Discussions yo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Puck

Default TFOHAT Week 2 Discussions yo!

Ok, well I know most of use are already finished with the book, so I wanted to open this up for discussion.
    I have to be honest...I don't have any questions put together yet for the 2nd week of reading, but that doesn't mean we can't start throwing things out there!
    I'll see what I can throw together tonight, in the mean time...feel free to make up for my slacking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

Default Re: TFOHAT Week 2 Discussions yo!

okay! so!

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Thing 2

alrighty, so i'm at the point in thinking that Cass is kinda getting loopy i know i'd be, so i will put up the questions i want answers to if that's okay ItsMe :P

1. What do you think of the new "villiage"?
    2. Marys mindset here, it's a bit different than it was at first. What do you think has made her change it up a bit?
    3. Watching her brother best friend and betrothed laugh and have a grand time must be difficult. How do you feel about this
    4. COMMUNICATION and a terrible shot to boot how do you think this would've made things different sooner?

my answers

the new villiage seems closer to our world today and honestly it makes me think of a movie Land of the Dead (i'm a zombie movie freak)
    where only certain ppl got to live in this hotel that was fenced in from the zombie apocalypse and people with trade skills like assassination were the ones that got sent out into the world to bring back the goods but were never allowed to live in the high end of town only in the "slums"

She seems a bit more hopeless here. not the ambitious girl i was talking about before but she seems trapped and doesn't understand what's going on in the world anymore, there's less Ocean talk and more Unconsecrated holding us in talk like she's given up hope on everything

i think it's a pretty decent way and i'd be sooo relieved for that to be the first time i get to talk and speak to someone

up to now i know i'd already be dead... honestly i couldnt live like this

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    alrighty, so i'm at the point in thinking that Cass is kinda getting loopy i know i'd be, so i will put up the questions i want answers to if that's okay ItsMe :P

2. Marys mindset here, it's a bit different than it was at first. What do you think has made her change it up a bit?
    3. Watching her brother best friend and betrothed laugh and have a grand time must be difficult. How do you feel about this
    4. COMMUNICATION and a terrible shot to boot how do you think this would've made things different sooner?
    Of course! I'm sure we all have different understandings and different questions. The more the better I say.

1. I liked the new Village. I think it was definitely more thought out, with the platforms all connected in the trees. I think they were thinking a bit further ahead about how to get as many people up there as possible without leaving anyone behind. Unless...I just thought of this. I'm thinking about the new platforms having the same purpose as Mary's old ones. That they would be abandoned until needed. But did people actually live up there?. So everyone on the ground was pretty much SOL? Now that would suck.

2. I definitely think Mary is at a crossroads here. She finally got what she wanted--Travis. But I think she was struggling with the realization that even he wasn't enough to make her happy. I think she wanted him to be enough, she tried to forget the ocean and let what she had be enough, but couldn't. I think that broke her heart and probably left her feeling a bit defeated. If I were her, I would probably start to doubt whether or not the ocean would even be enough, if there was ever happiness to be had.

3. I think this would depend on the person and state of mind. I know if I were Mary, I'd probably be a bit bitter, just for the fact that they're safer up in the trees and don't have to worry about the Unconsecrated banging incessantly on their doors. But aside from that, I think if I were with someone who made me happy, I would be okay with it. I would be glad to see them happy as well.

4. I don't think I understand this one. But I do know this. I don't know why they didn't think to bridge the gap sooner. They've lived with the Unconsecrated all their lives and know they're relentless. What made Travis and Mary think they wouldn't ever get through? That just seemed like sheer stupidity to me.

I do want to know one thing though. I want to know what caused their original village's breach! I realize they never told us bc it probably wasn't relevant to the story. The fact that it was breached was. But curiosity is getting the better of me...

Thing 2

nobody else is gonna join in

Puck

Sorry!! I somehow missed this thread until just now. I'll be posting my responses later today!!!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Thing 2

kk <3

Puck

Okay, first of all...the bit with the zombie infant? CREEEEEEPYYYYYYY!!! I could totally picture that whole scene...that image just stuck with me.

I was wondering what happened to its inhabitants...sounds like an improvement over their village - pre-zombies, of course! Very interesting that this village has no religious references - no scriptures over the doors, no church, etc. Seems like they're going somewhere with this, perhaps we'll find out more if we EVER find out the secrets of the Sisterhood?

At first, it seems perfect - stuck in a house with the guy of her dreams? What more could she want? Then, (as many of us have), she realizes that she needs more - she needs to fulfill her own dreams, that someone else can't be enough. But I think she could've made a little more of this situation, instead of moping about and becoming obsessed w/ the people who lived there before her. And, WHY didn't she investigate further and find the newspaper clippings earlier?! Not going to say anything more about that, since I believe this section ended before that. I'm very curious as to how far in the future this book is supposed to have taken place...

Again - she is with Travis, she certainly could've made better use of her time than moping around and spending her days up on the level he couldn't get to b/c of his leg...
    I don't really like Cass, don't really understand the way she acts - she seems to be a very weak person.

They potentially could've had a lot more time to work on their escape plan...

Thing 2

OH EM EFF GEE I KNOW!

*gory amber brain coming up avert your eyes if your light hearted*

i just pictured a purple baby with like the soft spot on their head caved in and yellow eyes

*end gory amber brain*

well Blue! i like your points!! i would've been trudging through ever chest looking for perishables and things like that!

Puck

So earlier tonight, I was playing w /my son in his playroom, which has a baby gate up to keep the dogs out. Our 2 goldens came over to the gate and were just standing there, shuffling around and staring at us, wanting to get in. My first thought was "Geez, these dogs are like a couple of the Unconsecrated, pushing at the fence". Yep, I think that's a sign that I need to start Book 2!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast