TFOHAT Week 3 Discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Puck

Default TFOHAT Week 3 Discussions

WooHoo! We made it to the end finally! =)

1. Do you think the group would have ever left their platform village if it wasn't for the fire?
    2. What did you think about Travis turning?
    3. Did you think Mary was crazy when she took her mad dash to what she hoped was the ocean?
    4. What the heck do you think happened to Jed?! And Harry, Cass, and Jacob.
    5. Any unanswered questions? Or any questions you want to add?
    6. Will you be reading the next one? (The Dead Tossed Waves)
    7. what did everyone think of the guy on the beach?!
    8. What do you think this new town will be and was like before and after?
    9 Where do you think she is (i can't remember if they said a city name)
    10. What did you think when he said "we always said there were no people over that bridge"
    11. Was this book what you'd have expected?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: TFOHAT Week 3 Discussions

1. Do you think the group would have ever left their platform village if it wasn't for the fire?
    --I honestly don't think they would have (except for Mary) until they had no other option.

--I was kind of sad to see him go. For the simple fact that he cared so unselfishly for Mary. But I don't Mary would have been so adamant about running off into the forest if it hadn't happened.

3. Did you think Mary was crazy when she took her mad dash to what she hoped was the ocean?
    --yea I definitely think it was a little crazy and selfish. She just left Harry, Cass, and Jacob behind on the hope that the ocean was there. She got lucky it was. lol.

--That is one of my unanswered questions. I really want to know what happened to Jed. I figure he either died or got infected and turned. But I want to know which one darn it! I would guess that Harry, Cass, and Jacob would just wither away on the path. Since the village they just left was over-run and the platforms were burned. They'd have a heck of a time re-claiming it.

Jed's fate, as previously mentioned.

6. Will you be reading the next one? (The Dead Tossed Waves) wink
    --As many of you know, I already have. =)

Thing 2

the group.. no.. mary.. yes

i was heart broken. because i don't feel like he lived a very great fantabulous life at the end there

no, it made me feel like she finally did something without letting people hold her back

i think Cass Harry and Jacob all stayed back there and kept on walking paths

i want to know what happened to the others as well

DURRRRR

i would like to add a few

10. What did you think when he said "we always said there were no people over that bridge"

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

he creeped me out at first to be honest. haha i know he was justthinking wth is this girl doing?

i think it was very "the docks" like a fishing town

this first thing i thought of was FL but there aren't forrests here really haha

i was thinking WOW we always said there were no people out here!!

not in the least. thisbook was very unique i went in not knowing about the zombies or any kind of plot i went off of it's a good book

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX

7. I don't really recall having much of an opinion of him. I definitely think he was shocked by Marys surprise visit though! Probably didn't know what to think..

8. I bet before the Return, it was a tourist destination. I also bet that it is going to be a bit more protected. The fact that they have survived along the coast indicated to me that they are pretty good at defending themselves considering the fact that that whole portion is vulnerable.

9. I haven't the slightest idea! I don't know where (geographically) any of this takes place. I know she found momentos from NYC. You think maybe they're in the NE somewhere?

10. Reminds me of the Sisterhood always saying there's nothing outside their Village.

11. I really had no idea what to expect as I had never heard of it before. It was definitely a pleasant surprise!

Puck

the group.. no.. mary.. yes<---PERFECT answer! that's exactly what I was thinkin.

so sad I felt so bad for him, and for Mary! I can imagine her heart break! I had a boyfriend murdered, I was so in love with that man, I didn't SEE him stabbed to death, but hearing it was bad enough. it is very painful! and for me it didn't have anything to do with zombies, that had to have been worse

no. she was doing exactly what she set out to do. she was fulfilling a dream GO MARY!

I'm not sure! I wish I knew. I'd like to think they all found other villages! and they will all find one another again someday

i want to know what happened to the others as well ME TOO!

already have awesome book! I can't wait til number 3 is released!

i would like to add a few

7. what did everyone think of the guy on the beach?! creepy!

8. What do you think this new town will be and was like before and after? I'd like to think that BEFORE it was like the town where I grew up I grew up on the Oregon coast.

9 Where do you think she is (i can't remember if they said a city name) wouldn't have a clue! lol.

10. What did you think when he said "we always said there were no people over that bridge" I thought they were just as secluded as Mary's village, but maybe not as "organized" because they didn't have a "sisterhood"

11. Was this book what you'd have expected? I didn't know what i expected when I first read it, but it turned out better than I thought it would be for sure. I wasn't expecting much, and I was very surprised
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe
    8. I bet before the Return, it was a tourist destination. I also bet that it is going to be a bit more protected. The fact that they have survived along the coast indicated to me that they are pretty good at defending themselves considering the fact that that whole portion is vulnerable.
    that's very true! I never thought of it that it was such an open space.
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Puck

I agree w/ you guys - Mary would have, not the others.

SO SAD! I think that was definitely the catalyst for Mary just taking off and not caring what happened, but I think she would've gone anyway...and I was hoping they'd eventually be able to be together in a place where they could both be happy.

Nope, just doing what she wanted to do all along. I was cheering for her!

I wish I knew! And we better eventually find out!!!

LOTS of unanswered questions...hoping they'll be answered in book 2!

It's sitting on the home screen of my NC, just waiting for me to start...I plan to read it as soon as I finish the library book I'm reading now.

Didn't have any real opinion of him, other than he was proof of another village...

I'm hoping it will be a little friendlier than their original village! I think that was a very good point that it is probably better protected. Totally creepy with the Unconsecrated washing up on shore. Ick. I will definitely be thinking of that next time I go to the beach!!

Hmmmm...I hadn't thought about it, I hope they wil at least allude to what state it's supposed to be eventually.

It seems that everyone thinks they're the only survivors!

No, it was much different and much more interesting!
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by mysnookie
    I had a boyfriend murdered, I was so in love with that man, I didn't SEE him stabbed to death, but hearing it was bad enough. it is very painful! and for me it didn't have anything to do with zombies, that had to have been worse
    mysnookie, I'm SO, SO sorry this happened to you!!! I can't even imagine how awful that must have been.
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Puck

So I just caught up on these and
    What a devastating thing to have to endure Snookie! I am so sorry. From the few things I know about you, you have faced quite a few difficult things in your life. You must be an incredibly strong and resilient person to have faced what you have and still be a positive and kind person. You, my friend, are quite an inspiration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast