Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thing 2

Default HoN Marked Discussion

*SPOILER ALERT*
    ONLY READ THIS THREAD IF YOU'VE FINISHED MARKED
    IF YOU HAVEN'T REFER BACK TO House of Night Book Club Thread

alright ladies those of you that have read (and finished) marked

i have to ask what all of you thought of the individual characters

Zoey- Shockingly enough she's my favorite, she is what i'd want to be as a vamp
    Neferet- She scared the poop outta me from the first time i read it
    Stevie Ray- I [HEART] HER! i think shes so cute
    Eric- ahhh the jock i never cared for them xD
    THE TWINS- since they are one in the same i love how spunky they are
    Damien- he's like the cutest ever!
    how about other supporting characters like Dragon, Nolan, the prof. crew?

the story line is captivating to me.

i'd like this to be (since we aren't going by chapters) more open discussion from book to book..

i remember picking these up for the first time and no being able to put them down i read 1-4 in a week and eagerly awaited 5 6 7 and 8

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: HoN Marked Discussion

UGH! I was not expecting to *NOT* be able to put the book down! I was up all last night finishing it off

Zoey - LOVE her. I have some Indian blood in me as well and am fascinated with my heritage. I loved how much she embraces hers! I admire her for being a free thinker and not conforming to the 'crowd' like so many teenagers do.

Neferet - Holy shmokes, I wasnt sure how to feel about her. Afraid, trusting, cautious...... Im not gonna lie, throughout the whole book there were those moments where she kinda still spooked me a little haha

Stevie Ray - is such a sweetie Possibly a little bit of a pushover, who I would tell to grow a little backbone and not let people walk all over her. But all in all, a good friend to Zoey. Her being the 'refrigerator' in the end, making that sacrifice so she and the others could be with Zo, was sooo courageous and selfless.

Erik- Eh, Im not sure about him. Im a little apprehensive about his motives.

Twins- whats not to love? the finish each others sentences for crying out loud haha

Damien - Oh, how I love gay men!! They make the bestest of friends sometimes because they will be so honest with you!

Aphrodite - Ugh can I please just read about someone smacking the **** already?? Please, just please!

As for the rest.. Im a little sick of the usage of "Okey dokey"!
    I thought the part with her outer body experience and the silver and purple words was a bit odd.
    How freakin creepy is dead Elliot trying to attack her!!!!!????

Sigh, I could go on and on lol

-Meg
    Visit My blog: www.acoverlover.com

Thing 2

well please do that's what this thread is here for!

i was yelling at my guildies today my words were

"PLEASE JUST PLEASE WITH THE NEGATIVITY"

I <3 the twins!!!

as far as aphrodite.... can anyone say baseball bat to the knee caps UGH!

i agree stevie ray is a big push over.

neferet when i read this book the first time through i loved/hated her cause i sensed something.... evil maybe?

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

I definitely like Zoey. I think in this book she makes some honest mistakes. Which just makes me like her more. I also love her eagerness to join the DDs just to get under Aphrodite's skin.

Neferet definitely doesn't sit right with me. No one is that serenely perfect. They're always hiding something...I am glad she took the role she did with Zoey at the beginning, I think it gave Zoey a bit of confidence when she first got there. It definitely gave her a sense of belonging.

Stevie Rae is definitely a sweet heart! She the perfect balance in that whole group.

Quite honestly, the twins get on my nerves. I know they're "likeness" is supposed to give them a bit of charm, but I think that likeness was over exaggerated and got kind of cheezy/old to me. Despite that though, they still did make me laugh..

Damien - He's cool too. The group definitely wouldn't be complete without him. (and his brains)

Erik - I like Erik. I don't see him as the jock. If anything, Heath is the dumb jock. Erik is the good-looking drama kid who is a nerd at heart and didn't really ask to be idolized. I think anyway...

Aphrodite - I was definitely thrilled to see her get crushed by Zoey. But after what she said at the end, I was kind of intrigued by what she quite obviously knew that we didn't yet.

Also, for the record, I love Nala! =) She sounds like such cute cat.

I LOVE her grandmother too! And her parents make me sick. (I really hope we see her mother get a mind of her own at some point and dump the crazy guy). Being a person who does believe in and have a relationship with God, he REALLY drove me nuts. More so for the fact that those crazy religious peeps really do exist and I just want to smack them bc they are so wrong. but that's neither here nor there. I definitely want to see him go down!

bbduck, it's funny that you mention being tired of "okey dokey", bc I'm pretty tired of "easy peasey"
    The narration does seem a bit "naive and amateur" but I remind myself that the character it's being narrated through is a teenager. I think it would be awesome if, as the books go on, and Zoey matures and learns from her mistakes, that we see difference in "Zoey's" narration. It would definitely make the books more believable and would be cool to see and notice the growth in Zoey by hearing a change in the way she thinks and makes her decisions.

All that being said, these books are without a doubt addicting. I can definitely say my household chores have been neglected while reading these. oops!

Thing 2

I SO SAY EASY PEASY BECAUSE OF THIS BOOK!!!

hehehehehe oh get ready ladies your in for a series

as far as Erik not wanting to be idolized. if you think of this that way the "tall dark and handsome" persona would'nt you think he's hiding something too? isn't he just "serenly perfect" heheh

Thing 2

OH and as far as the step loser goes.. i believe ppl REAL LIFE PPL like him are the reason there is SO MUCH HATE in the world.. these books opened me up to my "spiritual path" in life and without them, i'd be so lost without Gaia. and the narrative is one thing that i loved so much about it cause it was "hip and cool" lol not all

"and the bricks on the wall were red, they weren't a normal red they were a deep deep red that relaly stood out to me, below these bricks ther was a table......" etc...annoying over narrative books irritate me

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    OH and as far as the step loser goes.. i believe ppl REAL LIFE PPL like him are the reason there is SO MUCH HATE in the world..
    Completely agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    as far as Erik not wanting to be idolized. if you think of this that way the "tall dark and handsome" persona would'nt you think he's hiding something too? isn't he just "serenly perfect" heheh
    I guess I don't think of him as perfect for the fact that when we were introduced to him, he was in a less-than-perfect and compromising situation..So I never really thought of him as perfect to begin with. Neferet however, was introduced as a perfect character. Which is why I'm wary of her and not Erik..

I don't like overdone and unnecessary narration either. So I am thankful that this book isn't like that. But it does bother me how repetitive it is sometimes. Like how whenever her grandmother uses the Indian name for daughter, she always has to mention how it makes her feel safe (I got that the first 2/3 times it was mentioned).
    I don't really know how to describe what bothers me about it, but it definitely doesn't ruin the books.

Thing 2

yeah well, the constant use of the indian name (probably because i can't say it) bothers me if i knew how to speak it i would probably appreciate it more. but your right "u-we-tsi-a-geh-ah" she said the indian words for daughter made me feel so good

i get that. well if you hate that and the easy peasy thing you...welll.. easy peasy never really goes away cause the twins are..... well the twins lol!

however i feel that from book one to book two there's a narrative difference

Puck

I like Zoey a lot – she’s different, she’s struggling to figure out who she is, but she doesn’t give up her individuality to just try to fit in.

Stevie Rae – I went to college in Nashville, TN, so I can TOTALLY picture her! She brings a sweet balance to the group.

The Twins – Sometimes they’re funny, but I gotta say, their dialogue tends to get on my nerves. Right now they don’t seem like they have a lot of depth, which will probably change over the course of the series.

Damien – love him and his vocabulary! I am happy to see a book that features a gay character who is just accepted and normal and their sexuality is no big deal.

Neferet – I liked her at first, but it didn’t take long to figure out something wasn’t quite right.

Grandma – makes me happy that Zoey has someone in her life that is such a loving motherly figure. Her home life is such crap - hate that Steploser!

I find Heath annoying, and he’s obviously a distraction that’s causing trouble for Zoey. No real opinion of Erik yet, other than thinking if I were Zoey, I’d feel a little weird after seeing him in the hallway…AWKWARD!

Aphrodite – um, obviously – the kind of girl that I couldn’t stand in high school (and frankly, still can’t stand…), the kind of girl who needs to be brought down a few notches.

Overall, I think this is a really cool twist on vamps, not the usual fangs-and-blood that we all know (and still love!). It’s an interesting concept that the fledglings don’t drink blood, and that when they’re “marked”, they have to be near other vamps or they’ll die. And I really like the idea of their markings, they sound so pretty! I could easily see this series transitioning into a tv show, like Vampire Diaries.
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Thing 2

yeha and getting destroyed just like every other series -_-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast