DC Comics to reboot all characters and series to #1 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: DC Comics to reboot all characters and series to #1

So now I'm more than a little irritated with this "Flashpoint" think DC is doing. They say they will be releasing the new issues as digital comics day-n-date with print, but several of the "Flashpoint" issues have already been released, but not as digital. Grrrr...

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Thanks Michael - Im gonna check this site out everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    So now I'm more than a little irritated with this "Flashpoint" think DC is doing. They say they will be releasing the new issues as digital comics day-n-date with print, but several of the "Flashpoint" issues have already been released, but not as digital. Grrrr...

Regards,
    Michael
    Michael - Did they say that specifically about the Flashpoint series because what I read on the DC website was that the digital release on the day of issue begins with the new number one issues in September. I didn't see anything about beginning that sooner.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

No, there was not mention of the issues of the Flashpoint series and tie-ins being released day-n-date as digital. But it sure would have been nice, ya know?

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

I was just reading this article in at comicbookresources.com and it looks like DC is really going to reboot Action Comics and Detective Comics back to #1 and not go for 1000 issues. I have to say this makes me kind of sad. I was hoping to be able to say I read Detective Comics #1000, but now it may not happen. There goes another part of my childhood, ripped to pieces to by the unfeeling corporate world. </sarcasm>

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

I"m also more than a little upset that DC has decided to just completely retcon Barbara Gordon's disability out of the way and put her back in the Batgirl costume.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tiny Tim

All the changing with the DC comics and Superman in particular has me spinning on my heels. Don't get the wrong impression from that. I've followed all the changes for years and this latest one has me slightly confused, thgouh I do understand it has to do with the "losing of the rights" to Superman once the time runs out and he reverts to the heirs of Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster. Could be some really interesting comcepts at that time.
    Incidentally on that issue, I recently came across a blog that has started posting a serialized story on Superman if he could no longer BE Superman. I think the author was basing it on DC losing the rights thing and thought it would make a great plot for a story.
    Here's the link to the blog. Is that ok in here? http://fantasywritingforum.blogspot.com/
    If it's not, let me know and I won't do it again. New here.

Your posting of the link is fine. That was an interesting read.

I'm no lawyer, but based on what I've read I don't think DC is losing all the rights to Superman, just what Siegal and Schuster came up with before DC started publishing it. Which I think means DC keeps a lot of the Superman mythology. Nor do I think this reboot is about them losing some rights to the character. But I could be wrong about that.

I've recently been able to pick up reading comics again and I'm kind of looking forward to see what DC is going to do with these characters despite some of my complaints above.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tiny Tim

I'm more than interested in what DC will and won't lose. If it's everything Siegel and Schuster came up with originally, that means the name Clark Kent and his being brought up by the Kents on their farm. That means the planet Krypton and his being brought to Earth by the rocket his dad built, though they could retain Jor-El, since the name wasn't spelled that way originally.

So if they lose only what I listed above, that still means some major changes in the Superman mythos, such as a new identity. Maybe they'll have someone expose Supes as CK finally? I'd like to see something like in that blog, which is an ongoing daily serial. It's getting pretty interesting. Or maybe have him transported by means of a foe to another dimension. Something so he could still be in a world akin to his own Earth, but different enough that no one knows him and he has to start all over without those he's come to know and love.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123