DC Comics to reboot all characters and series to #1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DC Comics to reboot all characters and series to #1

For the comics fans among us: DC reboots Every superhero, starts all comics over with issue #1
    Beginning on August 31st, every major DC comic will be going back to issue #1. Major characters costumes will be altered, their back stories changed and the entire DC Universe will never be the same.
    The release of digital same day as print for the new issues has me excited. But now I have to catch up on the present run of Justice League before the switch over. Argh!

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: DC Comics to reboot all characters and series to #1

When I first heard this I was excited about the same day digital, but not about the number reboot. Then it didn't matter because I stopped buying DC when they had Superman renounce his US citizenship. Now if Marvel would put out an app with same day digital I would be very happy.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

Have you looked at the "Comics" app? It is what the DC and Marvel mobile apps are based on. I use it on my iPad and it is available for Android as well.

Incidentally, Superman hasn't completely renounced his U.S. citizen ship, DC backed away from it. But I did think it was a bold move and I was disappointed to see DC back away from it. Superman has not been my favorite character, I'm more of a Batman and Green Lantern fan myself, but he stands for more than just "american values." Those ideals that he embodies should and can be global and having him be a "citizen of the world" could be a very interesting story arc. But enough analysis...

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I have ComiXology on my Transformer. They host DC. Unfortunately Marvel has an Apple app but no Android app.

As for Sups. I was a more of a Batman fan growing up, as I got older I morphed much more into Superman. I liked the positive feel of the character instead of the "dark" feel of Batman. As for the citizenship, don't forget that he was raised in the heartland, he grew up with American values. And the way I see it American values are about caring for all people. So the two aren't mutually exclusive. He stand for American values, not political beliefs. There is a difference but I think too many people don't understand that difference and used the character to put their own beliefs to print.

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by DeCrescenzo
    I have ComiXology on my Transformer. They host DC. Unfortunately Marvel has an Apple app but no Android app.
    I can buy Marvel titles in the ComiXology Comics iPad app. Can you not on Android?

As for Sups. I was a more of a Batman fan growing up, as I got older I morphed much more into Superman. I liked the positive feel of the character instead of the "dark" feel of Batman.
    I've always thought that with Superman around, what use are other heroes? I really liked when John Byrne toned the character down in the 80's with the Man of Steel mini-series. And I'm not quite as enamored with the "Dark Knight" these days; my favorite eras are the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams and Marv Wolfman/Gene Colan runs from the mid-70s and mid-80s, respectively. I didn't much care for the whole Bruce Wayne dies and returns story arc. But I'm still a Batman fan and will be eagerly awaiting to see what DC does with the character. I even plan to get the new Superman #1 just to see what they do with it. I'm curious to see what DC does with the character's "fighting togs" as Green Arrow once called them.

As for the citizenship, don't forget that he was raised in the heartland, he grew up with American values. And the way I see it American values are about caring for all people. So the two aren't mutually exclusive. He stand for American values, not political beliefs. There is a difference but I think too many people don't understand that difference and used the character to put their own beliefs to print.
    All very true. I'm just saying I think, in the hands of a talented writer, it could have been an interesting story arc.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thing 2

i havne't read most of this but sound like cataclysm much?! i mean good on them and yeah they are gonna get some serious sales but it's already been done :P

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Heh. It is a bit like what Blizzard did with Cataclysm, ain't it? Although I thought DC had already done the whole "change the universe" thing with their recent "Blackest Night" event. Boy was that confusing for me.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thing 2

lol i havne't been into comics in so long. if i had an ipad or nookcolour or something i might be more interested but i'm still with my nook classic (that is lost in my car somewhere) So, they aren't anywhere near as fun lol

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Well DC essentially reboots every few years. They rebooted back in the day to start the silver age. They had Crisis in 85, now they seem to have a crisis or reboot every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    I can buy Marvel titles in the ComiXology Comics iPad app. Can you not on Android?

No Marvel books. But in recent years I have pretty much stuck with the big two. I've been exploring some indys lately which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by DeCrescenzo
    No Marvel books. But in recent years I have pretty much stuck with the big two. I've been exploring some indys lately which is good.
    That's odd. I guess Comixology doesn't have a license to sell in-app on Android, or something. Looks like you'll have to switch to an iOS device.

On a serious note, I would guess that Marvel will jump on this "day and date" digital bandwagon pretty quickly.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast