Simple Touch Nook: Highlighting and Annotating Converted & Sideloaded Epubs

Oliver

Default Simple Touch Nook: Highlighting and Annotating Converted & Sideloaded Epubs

Hey everyone,

Of all the e-readers currently available, I think the Simple Touch Nook is my first choice. I have one big question, though. I have many pdf documents and ebooks that I would like to read on the device. Based on my research, it seems my best bet with any e-reader would be to convert the PDFs into whatever format the e-reader I end up getting reads best. In the case of the Nook, I gather that I should convert them to Epubs. Once converted, it seems I can load them onto the Nook. My question is, can you still highlight and add notes to these converted & sideloaded Epubs? I haven't found these capabilities mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd make an account and ask it myself. For what it's worth, my PDFs are all text-based and I'm not worried about any conversion hiccups. I just want to know if I can mark them up as I might any other B&N e-book. Any response will be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Default Re: Simple Touch Nook: Highlighting and Annotating Converted & Sideloaded Epubs

I have been able to add notes and highlights to converted and side-loaded epubs on the STN. I'm loving it.
    [quote author=horse_girl link=topic=2435.msg32487#msg32487 date=1280350006]
    Good thing with the crotch grabbing and gummi butt crack.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Fireflywishes link=topic=2831.msg37328#msg37328 date=1282252903]
    yummy, yummy, in my tummy!
    [/quote]