Is the NE2 (or whatever we are calling it) slower than the NE1 or is just me?

Mr. Darcy

Default Is the NE2 (or whatever we are calling it) slower than the NE1 or is just me?

So at my DH's insistence (to shut me up, LOL) I upgraded to the new Simple Touch nook. I have had my nook wi-fi since July of last year.

I got it connected to my home wi-fi with no issues, and started reading with no problem. I see my library and thought I was good to go. I bought a few books, and went to update my library so I could see them, and I am just getting the constant "thinking" or "working" icon in the top right hand corner. (Next to the search button)

I checked for new content on my original nook and see the updates there. My NE1 library shows 543 books, my NE2 library shows 492 books.

I also tried the erase and deregister device and it seems I was in an endless loop there as well.

Any suggestions? Should I pop into B&N and try it there. (I literally live next door.)

Thanks.

Kristan
    Kristan in NorCal

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I think I figured it out...I powered it off completely.

I also think the difference in numbers of books has to do with the fact, I have not sideloaded any of my other books yet.
    Kristan in NorCal

d'Artagnan

I have been hearing many different problems that all seem to have one common point: the simple nook is flaky! It gets stuck in loops, it refuses to turn pages, it just seems like
    it needs an upgrade (or a good shaking). I hope they get this sorted out before my 3g needs to be replaced as I'm not sure I could go from sheer perfection in an ereader to
    what I'm hearing about. I am tempted to buy several 3gs and put them in storage...

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

That is also some of the reasons I have not purchased the Simple Touch yet. I will wait until the bugs are worked out then I will get it.

Glad you solved your problem.
    Author of 'It Waits' (free), 'Dragons Fire and the Brave Little Prince' (.99), 'Rashnar' (free), 'Krae' (.99)
    http://robertyelverton.info
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RMY
    http://www.feedbooks.com/user/127425/profile