nook hanging on wi-fi

Tiny Tim

Default nook hanging on wi-fi

We got our son a Simple Touch for Christmas, and twice now when I've been doing something on wi-fi (once searching the store, and once downloading something we bought on the computer), it has just hung. I had to power down the nook and resart it to get it to go.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this an issue that I need to return it over?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Until you try it in a few other places I wouldn't worry too much. It's hanging at home? Things have been a bit flaky on the BN website the past few days as so many people are flooding the website with their new devices. Last year we managed to crash the site completely for at least a day so I guess this is better... *wry grin* Maybe take it to another wifi spot (a local
    BN would be perfect) and see if it hangs there. If it is a BN you can have the nook expert check it out for you. MY guess is there is nothing wrong with the device.

Tiny Tim

It's happened in on a couple of different home networks, but I haven't played around with it enough to see how common an issue it is.

I got my nook last year and remember killing the site, so maybe this is just a symptopm of over use. You'd think eventually the nook would come back with SOMETHING, even if it's just a time out, though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

My nook app (on the rooted side) hangs sometimes. I really dislike the nook app in all of its iterations, it is very clunky and limited in what it can do. So I just assumed it was that app, but it might be something else that is having the problem.At the moment my laptop nook app is completely 'broken' after an update :P~ I don't remember either my nook or my color having trouble like you describe; at least not often enough that I thought it was a problem.

Oliver

I got my nook last year and remember killing the site jade , so maybe this is just a symptopm of over use. You'd think eventually the nook would come back with SOMETHING, even if it's just a time out, though.